|Location:||Willroth, historische Raiffeisenstraße, an der A3 Abfahrt Neuwied/Altenkirchen.|
APR to OCT 3rd Sunday every month 14, 15:30.
Adults EUR 2.50, Children (14-18) EUR 1.50.
Tours after appointment: minimum fee EUR 25, up to 10 persons, each additional person EUR 2.50.
|Light:||Incandescent Electric Light System|
Bürgerinitiative Willroth e.V., Hans-Jürgen Kalscheid, Tel: +49-2687-7909043.
Thomas Schug, Tel: +49-179-1158396.
Verbandsgemeindeverwaltung Flammersfeld, Tel: +49-2685-809192, Tel: +49-2685-809193. E-mail:
|As far as we know this information was accurate when it was published (see years in brackets), but may have changed since then.
Please check rates and details directly with the companies in question if you need more recent info.
|1952||Begin of construction.|
|1994||Begin of renovation.|
|APR-2002||Opened to the public.|
The head frame of Schacht II (shaft II) of Grube Georg is 56m high. It was built in the early 1950s with financing by the Marshall Plan, the U.S. initiative to restore democracy and infrastructure in Germany, and the German Montanunion, a conglomerate of mining companies. It was renovated in the 19990s, which took until 2002 when it was finally opened to the public. It can be visited outside and inside, including the rope wheels in the second floor.
This head frame is the landmark of the abandoned iron ore mining around Flammersfeld. The iron ore is found along a cleft named Horhauser Gangzug. The mining starts with Grube Georg and Zeche Girmscheid, then follow the mines Friedrich Wilhelm, Nöchelchen, Louise, Lammerichskaule, Harzberg and Silberwiese.