3 km west of Srbsko and 6 km from the town of Beroun.
Difficulty miss due to the large white lettering on the side of the hill. The entrance to the cave is in the quarry on Zlaty kun Hill and is formed on three levels.
APR to JUN daily 8-16.
JUL to AUG daily 8-17.
SEP to OCT daily 8-16.
NOV Mon-Fri 9, 11, 13.
Adults CZK 120, Children (6-15) CZK 60, Children (0-5) free, Students CZK 60, Disabled CZK 60, Seniors CZK 80.
Photography Permit CZK 30, Video Permit CZK 100.
|Light:||Incandescent Electric Light System|
|Dimension:||L=2,050 m, D=76 m.|
D=60 min, L=620 m.
|Photography:||allowed, no flash, selfie stick or tripod|
|Address:||Správa Konĕpruské jeskyně, vedoucí Alexandr Komaško, p.p. 1, 26601 Beroun, Tel: +420-311-622405. E-mail:|
|As far as we know this information was accurate when it was published (see years in brackets), but may have changed since then.
Please check rates and details directly with the companies in question if you need more recent info.
|1959||opened to the public.|
Discovered in 1950, the cave shot to fame with the discovery of a forger's den which had been left untouched since the fifteenth century. Finds included a set of weights, miners' lamps, coin making equipment, moulds etc and even the remains of the last meal. Other finds included the abundant remains of Pleistocene fauna and pre-historic man, bones, and stone implements of the Szeletian culture. The lower series is a pleasant stalactite cave.
Text by Tony Oldham (2002). With kind permission.
This is the biggest cave of Czechias second most important karst area and the only show cave. Located close to the capital Prague, only about 20 km to the southwest, it is also an important day trip destination. The cave is located at the rim of a huge open cast limestone quarry, the view from the cave entrance is breathtaking. The cave is reached on narrow roads from Beroun, located between the towns it has a large parking lot but no infrastructure except the ticket office and a small souvenir shop.
The cave is of an impressive character, almost lacking any speleothems, the main hall is really wide, but only about 1.50 m high and tilted about 45°. This means the path, while crossing the huge chamber, always goes up and down stairs on the roof-like floor. And the path is always cut into the soft dark brown clay on the floor, to be high enough to stand comfortably.