|Location:||Brgy. Bambang, Nagcarlan, Laguna|
All year TUE-Sun 8-17.
|Address:||Museo ng Libingan sa Ilalim ng Lupa, Tel: +63-917-8521503, E-mail:|
|As far as we know this information was accurate when it was published (see years in brackets), but may have changed since then.
Please check rates and details directly with the companies in question if you need more recent info.
|1845||cemetry founden under the supervision of Franciscan priest, Fr. Vicente Velloc.|
|1896||served as a meeting place of revolutionary leaders of the Katipunan during the Philippine Revolution.|
|1897||the historic Pact of Biak-na-Bato was planned on a meeting here between Pedro Paterno and General Severino Taiño of the "Maluningning" command.|
|~1900||served as hideout for Filipino leaders during the Philippine-American War.|
|1940s||served as hideout for Filipino leaders in World War II.|
|01-AUG-1973||declared a National Historical Landmark by virtue of Presidential Decree no. 260.|
|24-OCT-1981||opened to the public after renovations, officially declared a National Historical Landmark.|
This is a historic cemetry which was founded by Franciscan monks. It has become a part of the muesums operated by the National Historical Commission of the Philippines (NHCP) lately. The reason why it is listed on showcaves.com is the underground crypt which was reserved exclusively for Spanish friars, prominent town citizens, and members of elite Catholic families. It is the only underground cemetery in the country.