APR to last Sun in SEP Tue-Sun, Hol 10-12, 14-18.
Adults EUR 5, Children (3-18) EUR 1.50.
Groups (15+): Adults EUR 3.90, Children (3-18) EUR 1.50.
|Address:||Musée de la Mine Le Molay Littry, rue de la Fosse Frandemiche, 14330 Le-Molay-Littry, Tel: +33-231-228910, Fax: +33-231-228910. E-mail:|
|As far as we know this information was accurate when it was published (see years in brackets), but may have changed since then.
Please check rates and details directly with the companies in question if you need more recent info.
|1997||museum was renovated.|
The Musée de la Mine Le Molay Littry is the oldest museum in France dedicated to coal mining, and was founded in 1902. Main exhibits are modern mining equipment and a model of the fosse n°5 (shaft #5) of the Frandemiche mine in Bruay-en-Artois. There is an extraordinary steam engine built by the brothers Périen. There is also a replica of an mine tunnel. One exhibitions shows archaeological remains which were discovered in old wells. The tour is self guided with an audioguide system and includes an film.