|Location:||Hamilton Parish. Wilkinson Avenue, off Harrington Sound Road, Baileys Bay. Opposite the Crystal Cave. Buses 1, 3, 10 and 11 stop nearby.|
All year daily 9:30-16:30.
Closed Good Friday, Boxing Day, 24-DEC, 25-DEC, 01-JAN.
Adults BMD 14, Children (5-12) BMD 8, Children (0-4) free.
Crystal Caves + Fantasy Cave: Adults BMD 14, Children (5-12) BMD 8, Children (0-4) free.
|Light:||Incandescent Electric Light System|
|Address:||Crystal Caves, PO Box HM 1373, 8 Crystal Cave Road, Bailey's Bay, Hamilton HM FX, Bermuda, Tel: +1-441-293-0640, Fax: +1-441-293-7334.|
|As far as we know this information was accurate when it was published (see years in brackets), but may have changed since then.
Please check rates and details directly with the companies in question if you need more recent info.
|1907||discovered by Arthur Elystan Haycock.|
|1912||opened as a show cave under the name Wonderland Cave.|
|1931||gated and closed.|
|1999||redeveloped, electric light installed.|
|30-JUL-2001||reopened to the public, renamed Fantasy Cave.|
|2002||featured on a 35 cent stamp.|
Arthur Elystan Haycock discovered Fantasy Cave in 1907 when he felt a draft coming from a hole on his property. He asked Carl Gibbons to investigate who found a cave that had many incredible formations and a pretty lake. Carl, who had also discovered Crystal Cave, was hired to construct trails and a complicated concrete staircase leading from the surface down to the lake. The cave was opened as a show cave in 1912 under the name Wonderland Cave. The cave remained open to the public until 1931 when it was gated and closed. It was redeveloped and reilluminated commencing in 1999 and reopened to the public as a show cave on 30th July 2001 under the original name Fantasy Cave.
Text by Tony Oldham (2002). With kind permission.