Place Saint-Méen 3, 5660 Brûly-de-Pesche.
At the motorway N5 (E420) between Charleroi and Charleville-Mézières, exit Couvin-Sud. At the roundabout follow N5 toward Rocroi, after 500 m turn right on N964 towards Laon, Col-des-Sarts. After 4.8 km turn right to Brûly-de-Pesche.
See online booking.
Adults EUR 6,50, Children (8-12) EUR 4,50, Children (0-7) free, Seniors (60+) EUR 6, Students EUR 6.
Groups (20+): Adults EUR 6, Children (8-12) EUR 4, Senior (60+) EUR 6, Students EUR 6.
|Classification:||World War II Bunker|
|Light:||Incandescent Electric Light System|
|Guided tours:||self guided|
|Address:||Brûly-de-Pesche 1940, Place Saint-Méen 3, 5660 Brûly-de-Pesche, Tel: +32-60-37-80-38. E-mail:|
|As far as we know this information was accurate when it was published (see years in brackets), but may have changed since then.
Please check rates and details directly with the companies in question if you need more recent info.
|06-JUN-1940||Adolf Hitler and his High Command at Brûly-de-Pesche to oversee the Battle of France.|
Brûly-de-Pesche 1940 is the site of a World War II museum at the hamlet Brûly-de-Pesche, which became the center of history on 06-JUN-1940 when Adolf Hitler and his High Command came to Brûly-de-Pesche spent time here to oversee the Battle of France. This is why the site is also called Bunker d'Hitler (Hitler's Bunker). Adolf Hitler called the site Wolfsschlucht (Wolf’s Ravine). Two of the buildings erected for this purpose still exist on site, one is used for a large collection of documents, photos and DVD films (--). The other contains an exhibition of the resistance efforts of Hotton Service Group D. Thats the reason why it is also called Musée de la Résistance grand quartier general allemand 1940 (Museum of the Resistance German Main Headquarters 1940).