7km north of Kalgoorlie, via the Goldfields Highway.
1.5km from the top end of Hannan St..
600km east of Perth, at the end of the Great Eastern Highway.
All year Mon-Fri, Sun 9-16.
Anzac day: 12-16.
Closed 25-DEC, 01-JAN, Boxing day.
Adults AUD 15, Children (5-15) AUD 8, Concession AUD 12.50, Family (2+4) AUD 45.
|Address:||Hannan's North Tourist Mine, 130 Goldfields Highway, Kalgoorlie WA 6430, Tel: +61-8-9022-1664.|
|As far as we know this information was accurate when it was published (see years in brackets), but may have changed since then.
Please check rates and details directly with the companies in question if you need more recent info.
|1952||gold ore exhausted, mine closed.|
|1992||opened as a show mine.|
|OCT-2001||renamed Miners Hall of Fame.|
|NOV-2011||closed due to financial difficulties.|
The Hannan's North Tourist Mine was a show mine since 1992, but in NOV-2011 the business was in financial trouble and was closed. It was it was reopened in 2013, but only the mining museum part of the former show mine. The underground tour, which is still mentioned in guidebooks, and the Pitch Black Tour into an undeveloped level of the mine are not offered any more. Also the possibility to ride on a huge 793C Dump Truck is not offered any more, but the truck is still exhibited and it is possible to sit on the drivers seat. The presentation how a gold bar is poured do still happen but depend on volunteer availability.
Hannan's North Tourist Mine offers the exhibition which is also called the Miners Hall of Fame. It is dedicated to the importance of mines and miners to the wealth of Australia. This exhibition was created for Australia's Centenary of Federation year in 2001. Later it was renamed Australian Prospectors and Miners Hall of Fame. Between 2001 and 2011 the whole site was re-named after the exhibition. Since its reopening in 2013 it is again named Hannan's North Tourist Mine.
Hannan's North Mine is located at Mullingar, north of the Golden Mile. Here are several small historic mines from the late 1890's and early 20th century, like the Sir John and Mount Percy mines. The remains are two opan casts and some collapsed shafts.