|Location:||Start in the village Bartholomäberg at the church, Bergknappenweg (miners walk) is signposted. 45min walk to the mine.|
Mine: Wed, Fri, Sun 13-17.
Mining Museum Silberthal: Wed, Fri 16-18. 
|Fee:||Adults EUR 6, Children (6-18) EUR 2. |
|Classification:||iron, silver and many different kinds of minerals.|
|Guided tours:||D=30min, L=135m. (of St Anna adit)|
|Address:||Tourismusbüro, Dorf 16, 6780 Bartholomäberg, Tel. +43-5556-73101, Tel. +43-664-3858178, Fax +43-5556-74969. E-mail: or|
|As far as we know this information was accurate when it was published (see years in brackets), but may have changed since then.|
Please check rates and details directly with the companies in question if you need more recent info.
|Last update:||$Date: 2015/08/30 21:51:45 $|
|814||mining first mentioned in a document belonging to Ludwig der Fromme.|
|820||mining mentioned again.|
|1300||increase of mining activities.|
|1550||mining activities decrease in the Montafon, due to cheaper imports of silver, gold, and iron ore from the newly discovered continent America.|
|DEC-1996||mining museum opened in nearby Silberthal.|
|2003||mine opened to the public.|
At Bartholomäberg very complex poly-metallic ores were mined. Common are the copper ores azurite (chessylite) and malachite, and the iron ore siderite. There were natural deposits of gold and silver alloys which are rather rare in Europe.
The visitor sees the historic St-Anna adit. Tours are available for groups of six or more. The Bergknappenweg (miners trail) brings visitors in a 45 minutes walk to several locations of historic mining activities.
The Bartholomäberg was named after St Bartholomä (St Bartholomew), the patron Saint of the miners.
|Main Index | Austria | Vorarlberg|