The website showcaves.com is a private website
maintained and operated by Jochen Duckeck.
Jochen Duckeck, Archivstr. 11, 90408 Nürnberg, Germany.
More contact info here.
- All photos, images and texts on this site are copyrighted.
You must not use them without explicit permission of the copyright
- Unless otherwise stated the © of these pages lies by
Opinions expressed on showcaves.com are
those of the author.
- The "maps" on this site are just sketches for orientation, not maps in a
Unless otherwise stated they are drawn by
The information to draw them was collected from numerous sources, but
primarly they are based on the maps of the
Perry-Castañeda Library Map Collection
of the University of Texas at Austin, which are in the public domain.
showcaves.com wants to thank them for
this useful source of information.
- All photos, images and texts on this site are only intended for
You may download them, print them, give a copy to friends or family.
But you must not use them in any kind of publication, especially web
sites or printed matters, without prior permission.
A specimen copy and naming of the copyright owner are obligational.
- Fair Use:
We believe in fair use, and the freedom to cite other texts and images.
But this requires some care and fairplay.
We made up some rules, how we understand fair use:
If you want to use material from this site, but can not live with this
rules, please contact
If you use material from showcaves.com
without noticing we assume you accept this terms.
- Fair use is only possible with non-commercial parters.
However, non-commercial does not mean private.
Selling some books or CD-ROMs might be okay, depending on the
intentions and the income.
Commercial are of course big online shops, companies and persons
earning their living partly or full with their website or other
publications, where they intend to use the material from
- Naming the copyright owner is required.
- Adding a link to
showcaves.com is required.
- For printed publications and CD-ROMs a specimen copy is
- Fair use is bi-directional.
By using material from
showcaves.com, you allow
Jochen Duckeck to use material from your
site/publication under the same regulations.
- At the moment fair use is only possible with material by
All images and texts on
showcaves.com with an other author
or copyright owner are not available for this exchange.
- It is necessary to inform
that you used some of the material after you made your page,
so we can check the page if above rules apply.
A message before you made your page is nice but not necessary.
- Several contents on showcaves.com are
copyrighted by third parties.
As showcaves.com is not the copyright
owner, showcaves.com has no right
to allow you the use of them.
We can only make a contact if you ask.
- Commercial use only after prior notice!
Naming of the copyright owner, link to
showcaves.com, and a specimen copy are
Depending on the used material and the kind of usage, a fee may be
- Absolutly forbidden is, to link pictures directly from our site.
Beneath the copyright infringement, this is also theft of
We will not tolerate this and do anything to make it impossible.
- Although every effort has been made to ensure that the information
provided is correct, showcaves.com
can not guarantee its accuracy.
Any use of the information provided here, is on your own risk.
showcaves.com will not be liable for any
damage that occurs in connection with your use of this service.
Some info, like open hours and entrance fees are subject to change
The information given on this pages may only be used as a clue.
- If you find any errors, please use the
For general questions/hints contact
Hints will be processed as soon as possible.
- This site is written by
Despite the efforts to make them as neutral and unbiased as possible,
they definitely represent the personal opinion of the author.
- There is no claim to changes by owners, administrators or other involved
We are always happy about clues and first hand information and do our
best to include them as soon as possible.
But showcaves.com reserves the right to
decide if and how they are included.
- showcaves.com will not be liable for
delays in the addition of updates or changes.
There is no assured response time.
- External Links:
- External links are all links leading to other web sites than showcaves.com.
They are marked with a small earth symbol:
- showcaves.com has no possibility to
ensure the content of pages that are not maintained by us.
As links may not work in the future we can not guarantee that they work
and we are not liable for broken links.
And of course we can not guarantee the content of the pages as this may
be changed by the respective page owner.
- In the last years several strange judicial decisions made it necessary
to point out the following:
The listing of an external link does not constitute endorsement of
material at this site, or any associated organisation,
product or service.
By following any link leading out of showcaves.com, you accept this
- This site is linking only to related sites, about caves, mines,
geology, and sometimes tourist sites.
- There is no guarantee for the inclusion of a link on
showcaves.com, even if its content is
The final decision on the inclusion of an external link is up to
- Please do not send unrelated links to
showcaves.com, as the check costs a lot
showcaves.com is not interested in link
exchange, as we are not interested in accidental visitors.
Please refrain from sending such inquiries.
- Environment Protection:
- A big request to all cave visitors: please be carefull with nature
and try not to destroy or harm anything!
Caves are extremely fragile and precious natural monuments and habitats.
- The content of showcaves.com is limited
to tourist caverns.
This means, they are rather easy and safe to visit, if you obey the
- In most countries of the world, caves are natural monuments and
protected by law.
It is normally forbidden to make camp fires or use open light, like
torches or candles.
It is not allowed to destroy or even touch speleothems.
- Any cave animal nearly everywhere on the world is protected!
In most countries bats are protected, including the forbiddance to
disturb them or even take pictures.
Even if there is a gap in this protection, please do not take advantage
- Some not accessible caves are included for their importance and as a
showcaves.com tries to explain
why they are closed.
Please accept, that it is not possible to visit them!
- Requests to the website showcaves.com
are logged by the webserver.
This data is used by showcaves.com
solely for the optimization of the website.
Server statistics are not published, except in extremely aggregated and
- The server also uses Google
Please see their terms on their own website.
We understand that many people are not happy with the behaviour of
But it is fairly simple to deactivate Google Analytics in your browser
for all websites you are visiting, so we think it is your choice.
- The addresses and emails of the listed sites are already published by
the owner and are just collected on
If - by mistake - private address data is included, we will remove it as
soon as possible, if requested.
As far as we know this protection has not be breached so far, although
this is generally possible.
- Personal data we receive by email or other ways will be kept private, as
long as publication is not explicitly requested by the sender.
However, we are not able to check if the sender has the right to publish
this data, as there is no technical way to identify persons over the