|Location:||Access from Walbrzych to Gluszyca highway and the 5 km to Sierpnica.|
|Open:||APR to SEP Mon-Fri 10-17, Sat, Sun, Hol 10-20. OCT to MAR dayly 10-16.|
|Classification:||World War II Bunkers|
Underground route: D=60 min, L=1,700 m.
Surface tour: D=40 min, L=400 m.
Owner: Gluszyca Town Council, 58-340 Gluszyca, ul Grunwaldzka 55, Tel: +48-74-456-494 and: +48-74-456-339.
Tourist organiser: Gluszyca Tourist Bureau, 58-340 Gluszyca, ul Grunwaldzka 26, Tel: +48-74-456-220.
|As far as we know this information was accurate when it was published (see years in brackets), but may have changed since then.
Please check rates and details directly with the companies in question if you need more recent info.
This underground structure dates from World War II. It was built for military and strategic purposes. These mining and construction works resulted in the development of an enormous system of concrete corridors, fortifications and halls which were started in 1943. The purpose of these works was kept confidential and, even today, there are still disputes as to the real reasons for these bunkers.
Other facilities: Paid car parking, horse carriages rides, sledging cavalcades, meetings with ghost (for school children), Gift shop, cafe.
Text by Tony Oldham (2002). With kind permission.