Patagonia is the southern tip of South America, and belongs to two countries. It is also divided into an eastern and a western part by the Andes, which run from north to south. The Eastern Patagonia part belongs mostly to Argentina and has about 90% of the land surface. The remaining 10%, Western Patagonia, belongs to Chile. Patagonia is quite big, so it is composed of three regions: Aysén and Magallanes are located entirely within Patagonia, while the Los Lagos Region partly belongs to Patagonia.