|Location:||Nhi Thanh Street, 1km from Lang Son City.|
|As far as we know this information was accurate when it was published (see years in brackets), but may have changed since then.|
Please check rates and details directly with the companies in question if you need more recent info.
|Last update:||$Date: 2014/07/21 08:13:41 $|
|1779||Ngo Thi Si hired workers to clean the cave.|
Nhi Thanh Cave houses the Tam Giao Pagoda (Pagoda of the Three Religions), which means Buddhism, Taoism, and Confucianism. The temple was built right on top of the cave entrance.
Nhi Thanh Cave was discovered by Ngo Thi Si, (1726-1780) who was the ruler of this province between 1777 and 1780. In this short period of only three years he had a great influence. He changed the economy and national defence, strengthened culture and architecture, and developed scenic spots. This cave was one of eight beautiful landscapes of Lang Son he discovered and supported. He built the temple above the cave.
The cave is a long passage with a small cave river. Some parts contain many graffities of famous visitors across the centuries. These inscriptions are a sort of historic document, information on the history of Lang Son province. Some poets who visited the cave used the wall to write down their poems or literary works. There is also a statue showing Ngo Thi Si, engraved in 1779.
|Main Index | Vietnam | Lang Son Province|