Gruvemuseet på Litlabø


Useful Information

Location: At Litlabø, on Stord Island. North of Leirvik, between Leirvik and Sagvåg. E39, signposted.
Open: By appointment, ask at Sunnhordland Folkemuseum. [2005]
Fee:  
Classification:  Copper Mine, chalcopyrite (cuprous pyrite) ore
Light: electric.
Dimension:  
Guided tours:  
Photography:  
Accessibility:  
Bibliography:  
Address: Gruvemuseet på Litlabø, Sunnhordland Folkemuseum, Museumsbakken, Postboks 51, 5401 Stord, Tel: +47-5341-3899, Fax: +47-5341-3870.
As far as we know this information was accurate when it was published (see years in brackets), but may have changed since then.
Please check rates and details directly with the companies in question if you need more recent info.
Last update:$Date: 2015/08/30 21:57:40 $

History

 
1866mining started.
1943attacked by partisans.
1968mine closed.

Description

This small mining museum shows displays on the history of local copper mining. The mine was commandeered by the German during World War II, and thus it was attacked by partisans in 1943 to prevent copper shipments to Germany. It is not possible to visit the mine.


See also


Main Index | Norway | Hordaland
Last updated Terms of Use, © Jochen Duckeck.