|Location:||Doué la Fontaine|
03-APR to 15-JUN Tue to Sun 14:30-18:30.
16-JUN to 16-SEP Tue to Sun 10:30-18:30.
18-SEP to 04-NOV Tue to Sun 14:30-18:30.
Guide tours at 11, 15, 17.
Self guided: Adults EUR 4, Children (3-18) EUR 2.50.
Guded: Adults EUR 5, Children (3-18) EUR 3.
|Classification:||Rock Mine Cave House|
|Address:||Centre des Perrières, 545 rue des Perrières, 49700 Doué la Fontaine, Tel: +33-241-597129, Fax: +33-241-590613. E-mail:|
|As far as we know this information was accurate when it was published (see years in brackets), but may have changed since then.|
Please check rates and details directly with the companies in question if you need more recent info.
|Last update:||$Date: 2015/08/30 21:54:45 $|
|1955||mushroom farm opened.|
|1970||mushroom farm closed.|
|1989||Centre des Perrières opened to the public.|
Perrières is the local term for limestone quarries. Huge areas of the city Doué la Fontaine are hollowed out by the work of centuries. This museum of the quarries and their development is located inside an 18th to early 20th century quarry. It contains exhibitions, art expositions and educational facilities. There is a hostel with 50 beds and a reception area seating 70 guests which may be booked for weddings or other feasts.
|Main Index | France | Pays de la Loire|