|Location:||Freiung, Stulln i.d. Oberpfalz, bei Schwandorf.|
APR to OCT Tue-Sat 10, 11, 14, 15, 16, Sun 14, 15, 16.
Adults EUR 7, Children (15-18) EUR 5, Children (6-14) EUR 4, Children (0-5) free.
Groups (15+): Adults EUR 5, Children (15-18) EUR 4, Children (6-14) EUR 3.
H. Wolf, L. Kestel (1980):
Reichhart-Schacht / Oberpfälzer Besucherbergwerk,
24 S., Regensburg/Theuern 1980
A. Adler, M. Koch, K. Weiss (1977): 25 jähriges Jubiläum der Knappenvereine Stulln, Wölsendorf, Schwarzenfeld, Stulln 1977
|Address:||Reichhart-Schacht, Konrad Reichhart, Freiung 2, 92551 Stulln, Tel: +49-9433-1555, Fax: +49-9433-204855.|
|As far as we know this information was accurate when it was published (see years in brackets), but may have changed since then.|
Please check rates and details directly with the companies in question if you need more recent info.
|Last update:||$Date: 2015/08/30 21:53:22 $|
|1890||fluorite discoverd by Wilhelm Reichhart and mine opened.|
|1974||developed as a show mine by Josef Reichhart.|
|1980||show mine opened.|
|1987||nearby Grube Hermine closed, pumps turned off, mine flooded.|
|1990||pumps in the Reichhartschacht installed, show mine restored by Konrad Reichhart.|
|1996||opened to the pubic.|
|19-MAR-1999||second exit through Gottes-Segen-Schacht opened to the public.|
|06-SEP-2005||headframe of the closed Grube Roland moved to this site.|
The Reichhartschacht was named after its owner, Wilhelm Reichhart. During the 1950s great amounts of fluorite were mined from a huge cleft. The mine was closed when the deposit was almost depleted. But about 2,000 tons of minerals were left in the cleft by the owner, who intended to make a show mine. The mine belongs to the Bergbau- und Industriemuseum Ostbayern.
Today the mine is operated by Konrad Reichhart as a show mine with mining museum. The cleft is equipped with comfortable staircases and electric light, a lot of machinery is on display and it is demonstrated. On serveral places last remains of the fluorite and its side minerals can be seen on the location of its formation. But the highlight of the tour are 15 tools powered by compressed air, which are still working and demonstarted during the tour. Saws, ventilators, drills, water pumps, pulleys and even lamps, all operated by compressed air. This technology was developed for collieries and avoided any sort of sparks which could caus explosions with gases from the coal. The lamps have a small generator inside which produces electricity for the lightbulb.
|Main Index | Germany | Oberpfalz|