|Location:||Crossing Ebertstr. 88/Antonstr. 31, Kamp-Lintfort|
All year Wed, Sun 14-17.
Closed during school holidays.
Fördergemeinschaft für Bergmannstradition linker Niederrhein e.V., Schulstr. 1, 47475 Kamp-Lintfort.
Appointments: Jörg Kaenders, Tel: +49-2842-41784.
|As far as we know this information was accurate when it was published (see years in brackets), but may have changed since then.|
Please check rates and details directly with the companies in question if you need more recent info.
|Last update:||$Date: 2015/08/30 21:53:19 $|
|1908||mine opened by starting the shaft Friedrich Heinrich.|
|1912||first coal produced.|
The museum Haus des Bergmanns (house of the miner) is a disply of the typical house of a miner's family. It is located inside a private house in the 1907 errected mine workers city east of the mine. It was built as a modern garden city, but it was east of the mine where the winds would blow the dirt of the mine most of the year, while the higher ranking staff got its city in the western side of the mine.
The exhibition shows all kinds of rooms with the typical furniture. The most interesting room is probably the kitchen, with all furniture, machines and dishes. The cellar houses a sort of mine replica with typical machinery and tools from the local mine. Kamp-Lintfort is a mining town, the Zeche Friedrich Heinrich was opened about 100 years ago. The mine is still operating.
|Main Index | Germany | Ruhrgebiet|