JAN to DEC Mon-Fri 9-12, 13-17, Sat, Sun, Hol 14-17.
Closed 25-DEC, 31-DEC, 01-JAN.
Museum: Adults BEF 70, Children BEF 60.
Museum + House + extensions: Adults BEF 100, School Children BEF 80.
|Address:||Musée de la Mine, rue St Patrice 5 bis, 7110 Houdeng-Aimeries, La Louviere, Bois-du-Luc, Tel: +32-64-225448, Fax: +32-64-225448. E-mail:|
|As far as we know this information was accurate when it was published (see years in brackets), but may have changed since then.|
Please check rates and details directly with the companies in question if you need more recent info.
|Last update:||$Date: 2015/08/30 21:52:05 $|
|1685||start of mining.|
|1780||first steam engine installed.|
|1846||colliery Saint Emmanuel opened.|
|1855||offices and workshops built.|
|31-DEC-1959||colliery Saint Emmanuel closed.|
|1973||mining ends with the closure of the last colliery Quesnoy.|
The Musée de la Mine (Mine museum) at La Louvière is primarly a museum showing the work and the live of the coal miners at Bois-du-Luc. The museum includes the reconstruction of a miners house with furniture and all items of daily life from 1850.
The underground part of the museum is the Castelain gallery, a mine replica explaining the typical coal mining techniques and the underground working conditions. It is actually a reconstruction of the nearby Saint-Joseph pit.
|Main Index | Belgium | Wallonië | Hainaut|