|Bibliography:||Otto M. Schmitz (2004): Veränderungen bei der Graselhöhle (6846/2) von Maria Dreieichen, HKM, Höhlenkundliche Mitteilungen des Landesvereins für Höhlenkunde in Wien und Niederösterreich, 60. Jg. (2004), Heft 7/8, S. 88.|
|As far as we know this information was accurate when it was published (see years in brackets), but may have changed since then.|
Please check rates and details directly with the companies in question if you need more recent info.
|Last update:||$Date: 2015/08/30 21:51:41 $|
This rather small cave, called Graselhöhle after the Räuberhauptmann Johann Georg Grasel, was lately renovated. The entrance is now equipped with a wooden stair and a rail, the surroundings were flattened and equipped with seats. The cave was closed with an iron bar door and locked. But through the gate the cave is still visible and now equipped with electric light and a description and a picture of the outlaw Grasel. The electric light can be started by the visitor on demand and turns off automatically after some time.
Johann Georg Grasel (1790-1818) was the Robin Hood of the area.
|Main Index | Austria | Niederösterreich|